Saturday 9 May 2015

Characterisation

When characterising yourself into the performance world it is first necessary to create a world.
'The Tiger's Bride' is a dark fairy tale similar to the story of 'Beauty and the Beast'. Lindsey had lead a interesting character workshop in on of the lectures which helped us imagine the world of the Tiger and create a character to interact in the scene.
When imagining a character I remembered my cat mask from first semester and developed it more in depth. Sensing so of the other characters I saw my animal to be stand offish and more wary than some of the younger characters. I imagined that I would avoid the Tiger and Daughter to avoid trouble but defend the more naïve characters. I still involved some of the cattish movements and wanted  human and animal mannerisms.

No comments:

Post a Comment