Saturday 9 May 2015

Some warm ups

The warm ups used were designed to help prepare the body for the work it would be doing during the session.
Passing the clap was essential to establish rhythm and pulse as well as getting everyone to interact by making eye contact.
Using the pelvis as a mechanism to achieve low and high notes safely was used to widen the range of voice used and free the voice from constraint. It helped get the voice in the body. I sometime struggled with the lower, more masculine sounds, as sometime my voice lacked grounding but with focus it got easier to release.
Rhythmic timings were tested by working on off-beats in pairs and threes. I found this difficult as I always seemed the want to go slightly before or after when the beat was suppose to accented.
I really enjoyed the harmony exercises where we could work together the create chords looking mainly at triads. This was to help use tune our ears to harmony to help with devising without a piano. I liked this exercise as I love trying to find notes that fit with chords.

No comments:

Post a Comment