Thursday 7 May 2015

How I felt the assessment went

Before the assessment I was very nervous but after the final run through I felt a lot better. I was able to stay in the performance zone through out the assessment which I normally struggle with as I am normally the kind of person who over thinks. I really enjoyed working in the ensemble supporting everyone achieve the best possible performance. It was amazing seeing people grow and rely on each other. I performed a solo section in 'the Waltz song' which was an octave above the original melody line. In rehearsals I sometimes struggled to pitch the notes but after the performance people told me that I had got the pitch right. I felt very in the moment and free at this point in the assessment. Another thing I struggled with was the pitching of the last note for the soprano line in ‘Kagda Molod’ but I managed to in the assessment. Everyone seemed to struggle in pitching the chords in 'the Coming of Age' dance but I think this was mainly due to not being able to do the dance at the same time.
I think the performance went very well as everyone enjoyed themselves and supported each other in telling a beautiful story.
I feel like my energy levels improved by the end of the assessment and we all learnt how to work and devise as a unit. I think the areas I would need to work on is my confidence in paired work as we as time signatures. I struggled in this area as in paired work I didn't want to hurt anyone and I have dyspraxia which means my muscular reactions from brain signals are slower than most people however with more practice I think I could become better in this area.

No comments:

Post a Comment