Saturday 9 May 2015

Music influences

I really love listening to all types of music. Anything from musical theatre to electronic house music. The music that inspired me through out this assessment were interesting pieces;

I listened a lot to the soundtrack of the musicals 'Hair' and 'Spring Awakening' as they have strong emphasis on ensemble work and harmonies. This is very apparent in the songs 'Aquarius' in 'Hair' and 'The Song Of Purple Summer' in 'Spring Awakening'.

I love the atmosphere of singer/songwriters such as Agnes Obel and Kate Rusby. The former creates interesting sounds with a mixture of classical and folk techniques and the later has a beautiful voice that works well to an audience.

I listened to film score to look at how the music was used to capture a scene and listened to alternative groups like Cocorosie who used different styles and genres to influence their music and the sound is sometimes quite eerie and unworldly.

No comments:

Post a Comment